Thursday, February 9, 2012

Uggs = Sorority Slut?

I was reading The Commonwealth Times when I came across an article about Uggs, unisex sheepskin boots. The article talks about a quote that was said by one of the magazine contributors named Britt Sebastian. He states:

“These boots are designed with a small amount of whoredom in mind. The pathetically uncreative styling of this boot was specifically designed by Ugg to match a pair of black spandex, a North Face fleece jacket and a shirt with some Greek symbols on it. Ugg originally intended to call these boots ‘Open for Business,’ but they eventually settled for the less egregious name, ‘Sorority Slut.' If you have recently been with a girl that wears anything off the list above, save the trip to the doctor’s office; you have chlamydia." 


So basically this guy is saying that if you wear either Ugg boots, a North Face, a shirt with Greek letters on it, or black spandex (mostly known as leggings), you most likely have chlamydia. Really? The number one thing I was worried about while joining a sorority myself, was the perceptions people would have just because I'm in one. Automatically people assume that you will change and become a slut just because you're joining a sorority. Anyways, I kind of went off track there but back to the Uggs. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Uggs. I think they are overpriced and you shouldn't pay $150 just for a famous logo. However, I would never judge anyone for wearing them and I especially would not assume they have an STD because they wear a certain pair of shoes. NB



No comments:

Post a Comment